Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week


          (The dress I'm wearing is from a talented Nashville-based designer named Loretta Jane).

As much as I am loving my life right now, I have to confess that there is one place I wish I could be. Fashion Week officially kicks off tomorrow in New York City, but with a 5 month old baby, I'm afraid that my days of hopping on a plane at a moments notice and heading off to distant locales have been temporarily put on hold.

A couple of years ago my friend Christie and I had the opportunity to attend the Academy of Art University's runway show, where we got to see some amazing up-and-coming talent. I still remember my favorite dress from the show:


(Joanna Hatzenbuehler)

We stayed at the Gershwin Hotel, a cool hostel where we shared a room with two French girls and a party hopping German. 




We ate good food, listened to some amazing musicians, and had fun dressing up and wandering the city as tourists.







At the end of our trip, my Aunt Susan took us to an amazing organic restaurant that she loves called GustOrganics.

We also got to see my cousin Lauren and her adorable daughter Julia (who I swear has a future on Broadway)!





If I were going to the shows this year, I would definitely want to be at Luca Luca for the simple, clean silhouettes, Christian Siriano for the over the top, va-va-voom dresses and Lela Rose, simply because I think that nearly everything she designs is gorgeous.

Looking at these pictures is making me want to go book a plane ticket for the September shows! Hmmmm.........

No comments: